Maryhaven is Central Ohio’s oldest and most comprehensive behavioral health provider specializing in treatment for people with addictive illness, and, by the measure that matters—number of patients assisted—the largest provider of behavioral health care in our community. A private, non-profit corporation exempt from taxes under Section 501(c)(3), Maryhaven provides quality, cost-effective services to our patients.
Mary’s Haven was opened in 1953 by Sisters of the Good Shepherd, who were asked by Bishop Michael J. Ready of the Diocese of Columbus to create a home for women alcoholics. The original program aided women who were struggling with alcohol addiction; but by 1991 Maryhaven had grown to five programs, and today there are 26 different programs in six different geographic locations throughout Central and North Central Ohio.
Now in its seventh decade, Maryhaven is nationally accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities (CARF); certified by the Ohio Department of Mental Health and Addiction Services, meets the Ohio Association of Non Profit Organization’s Standards for Excellence in Nonprofit Management; and is designated as an Accredited Charity by the Better Business Bureau, meeting all 20 Standards for charitable accountability; and is an affiliate agency of the United Ways of Delaware, Morrow, and Union County.