Mary’s Haven, as it was originally named, began as a service of the Sisters of the Good Shepherd in 1953. The Sisters were asked by Bishop Michael J. Ready of the Diocese of Columbus to create a home for women struggling with alcohol addiction. By 1991, Maryhaven had grown to five programs, and today we are Central Ohio’s largest and most comprehensive behavioral health and addiction treatment center. Maryhaven now has facilities and serves patients in Franklin, Union, Delaware, and Morrow Counties.
Now, having just celebrated its 70th year, Maryhaven is nationally accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities (CARF); certified by the Ohio Department of Mental Health and Addiction Services; meets the Ohio Association of Non Profit Organization’s Standards for Excellence in Nonprofit Management; was named Columbus’ Best Rehabilitation Facility in 2020; and is an affiliate agency of the United Ways of Delaware and Morrow County.